Upcoming public performances
Friday, 28 January 2022, 21 h
Saturday, 29 January 2022, 20 h
Guitarist, bass guitarist, arranger, songwriter.
in alphabetical order
- Anna Lu — bass guitarist with Anna Lu’s live band since 2019
- Betti Bossa — bass guitarist with a bossa nova quintet since 2018 (saxophone/vocals, flute, guitar/vocals, bass guitar, drums)
- Big Boy Billy & Daddy Lou — rockabilly duo with Australian guitarist and singer Will Caddy since 2019, and with guests on drums and saxophone
- bluesalot.ch — blues combo since 2006
- Dabagage – guitarist with an avantgarde rock group since 2020
- “Lou Kash schpiut en Art vo Blues” — singer/songwriter solo program since 2017, currently featuring Martin Silfverberg on drums
- Meniello & Lou Kash — acoustic duo with Neapolitan singer and guitarist Carmine “Meniello” Curcio (of the “Zisa” group), performing old Neapolitan street songs and tarantellas since 2018
- Voix du bois — guitarist with an afro-funk group since 2020
Formerly member of various projects and bands like Ugly Blues Connection (1984–1985), Ugly Bluz […]ected (1985–1988), Freistoss (1985–1997), Im böhmischen Wald (1989–1993), Stiller Has (1990–1991), Ü (1990–1992), Circo Morelli (1993–1994, 1998), The Plookers (1993–1999), Frustpuppies (1995, 1998), M·Ø·P·P (1997–1998), Morelli S&M (1998–2000), Madam Gladyola & Das Grausen (2000), Thomas Belmont Workshop Band (2001–2003), Vybespace (2018–2021), and numerous one-off or short-term live productions.
Guitar tutor 1989–1999, and again briefly 2019–2020, before Corona…
LP & CD compilation producer for Vampisoul & Munster Records (Madrid, Spain) since 2007, specialized on music licensed from the catalog of the Czech label Supraphon. On the respective releases responsible for track selection and sequencing, research, liner notes writing, graphic design, and since 2013 also for audio mastering.
1995–1999 mobile studio engineer and recording supervisor for various local bands in Berne, Switzerland. Producer of Marco Morelli’s first solo album “Tätsch” in 1998, co-producer of “Morelli S&M” in 2000. Co-producer of Dänu Boemle’s “Columbiana” radio play and CD for EditioNovembre in 2002.
DJ Lou Kash
Digital set focused on 20th century dance music, particularly 1960s & 1970s oldies, soul, funk & disco.
- Notebook with thousands of tracks, pluggable directly into an amplifier.
- Tablet with hundreds of preselected tracks per request, mixed “freestyle” and headphone-less, pluggable directly into an amplifier.
- Exclusive vinyl-only jazz & soul “lounge” set. Professional quality DJ turntables with mixing console required.
Available for public or private parties, birthdays, weddings, or corporate events.
1993–2009 club DJ with funk, soul, jazz, hip-hop, disco & oldies vinyl repertoire, initially performing as “DJ van Øgl”, resident at Reitschule Bern, Wasserwerk Bern, Silo Bern, Atlantis Basel, and primarily 1996–2009 at Kuppel Basel.
1997–1998 radio DJ and presenter of the weekly show “Hmm… mir gfallt das!” at Radio RaBe.